Thursday, November 5, 2009

New Lock, etc

Update from Gregg:

As of 4:30 yesterday, a new lock has been put back on the upper gate, keyed to your existing keys.
So far I've had only encouraging response from cabin owners for setting up a 'distribution network'. If something important comes up that owners can use, call or email me and I'll broadcast it. Anything important and relevant to the cabins, including water closings and openings, Annual cabin owners party/water meeting notices, bear activity, gate issues, fire road closures and the like can easily be distributed to all those on the list. I'm not interested in forwarding fishing reports, meat bee activity... Maybe issues with the forest service or those fishing reports can be discussed on a blog or twitter or some such network.
Brad has offered his availability and expertise in getting it off the ground, so once I get together with him, he will be the primary contact person, followed by me. He will be much more accessible for a quick response to potential future emergencies. At this point I'm just collecting contact info and comments.
My goal is to set up a distribution group quickly and easily in order to reduce (or hopefully eliminate?) problems from lack of knowledge, like showing up at a locked gate. I do not expect there would be more than 5 or 6 broadcast contacts needed in a normal year.. Let's see how it turns out.
Regards,
Gregg Bashford

No comments:

Post a Comment